Installation Instructions for GM Lobe Sensor Ignitor
1. Remove the distributor cap and rotor.
2. Remove the points wire from the negative coil terminal.
3. Remove the points and condenser.
4. Clean excess dirt and oil from breaker plate and point cam.
5. Install the Lobe Sensor Ignitor module where the condenser used to go.
6. Install the rubber grommet included in the kit in the hole in the bottom of the distributor housing. Run the red and black module wires through the grommet. Make sure wires clear all moving parts and allow for rotation of the breaker plate from vacuum advance.
7. Crimp the terminals included in the kit onto the red and black module wires.
8. Attach the red Ignitor wire to the positive (+) terminal on the coil and the black Ignitor wire to the negative (-) terminal on the coil.
9. Replace rotor cap. Start engine, let it run for a few minutes, then set timing as usual.